Saturday 5 November 2011

Test yourself on what's been covered so far.

With your new knowledge, correct the mistakes.

  1. puppy's for sale
  2. Your late.
  3. The dog likes chasing it's tail.
  4. Don't loose your cool.
  5. Those who witnessed the attack were shook up.
  6. They visited Tom and I.
  7. I've wrote the first 100 word's of my essay.
  8. Her application for post of Head Teacher was unsuccessfull
  9. Can you walk quicker?
  10. He died tragicly.
  11. This is my parent's house.
  12. I got some good DVD's and book's.
  13. All our rooms have complementary tea and coffee.
  14. There waiting in the hall.
  15. Do you need more practise?



ANSWERS: 
  1. puppies for sale (plural puppies, puppy's=puppy is)
  2. You're late. (=you are late)
  3. The dog likes chasing its tail.(it's=it is)
  4. Don't lose your cool. (see here)
  5. Those who witnessed the attack were shaken up.(past participle)
  6. They visited Tom and me. (object)
  7. I've written the first 100 words of my essay.(past participle; plural not apostrophe)
  8. Her application for post of head teacher was unsuccessful (capitals not required for a job title, -ful see here )
  9. Can you walk more quickly? (adverb)
  10. He died tragically. (adverb)
  11. This is my parents' house.(assuming it means the house of my parents)
  12. I got some good DVDs and books.(plural not apostrophe)
  13. All our rooms have complimentary tea and coffee.(means free)
  14. They're waiting in the hall.(= they are)
  15. Do you need more practice? (noun)

No comments:

Post a Comment